Questions, answers and dental bridge information
¿How does a dental bridge work?
A dental bridge is a structure comprised of three or more artificial teeth, of which one or more are pontics or teeth replacing the missing ones, and a dental crown attached to each end, bonded to one of the natural remaining teeth to support them.
Bridges are designed using impressions taken of a patient’s smile. Dr. Aguirre prepares the pillar teeth to work as anchors for the crowns to fit the bridge into place.
¿Do the dental bridge work like natural teeth?
Once the structure is fixed, the dental bridge will function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat and smile with confidence.
¿Do dental bridges look like natural teeth?
In the last years in our practice we have been able to make amazing restorations thanks to the newest materials we have available for the construction of dental bridges like Zirconium and other ceramic compounds.
The dental bridge will look close to the natural appearance, aiming to match your natural teeth, to achieve a refreshed and healthier appearance.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
¿What are the advantages of dental bridges?
It is important to receive the necessary dental bridge information as well as other different alternatives to select the right treatment plan fpr each person.
A dental bridge is a system to replace lost teeth, in a manner that it is permanently attached to the adjacent natural teeth.
Fixed dental bridges are very safe and proven efficacious for decades.
Is very important to replace all missing teeth as soon as possible to prevent remaining teeth from shifting and to deter additional tooth loss.
When permanent teeth shift, problems start to unfold: malocclusion, TMJ/TMD, bruxism, and bone loss in the jaw.
Your overall facial structure will begin to change and sag, causing premature aging.
Advantages of dental bridges:
- Safe and proven technique
- More youthful appearance
- Improved chewing ability
- Balance to your bite
- Enhanced smile
- Self-confidence improvement
- Preservation of supporting tissues (bone and gums)
¿How are Bridges Constructed?
¿What materials are dental bridges built from?
Dental bridges are made of a series of different materials: ceramic, zirconia, or porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM).
At dental Medellin, the team of specialits Dr. Castaño, Dr. Perlacia, Dr. Aguirre will help you determine which alternative is best for your personal oral needs.
- Zirconia: One of the latest materials used for dental bridges. Is a white, visually appealing ceramic is biocompatible and very resilient. Zirconia is the strongest ceramic and hardest material used in dentistry, characteristics that allow us to construct strong dental bridges with extraordinary aesthetics.
- E-Max Bridges: These all-ceramic bridges are created from a block of lithium disilicate ceramic, a high-quality ceramic recommended for its durability and natural color.
- Porcelain Fused to Metal (PFM): Is a material combination used for decades.
- A metal base structure is fused to a porcelain veneer in a high heat oven to create PFM bridges.
- The metal provides strong density and strength, while the porcelain adds the white, tooth-like appearance most suitable for front teeth restorations.
- Although strong and offering fine aesthetics, the newest zirconia and Lithium disilicate bridges provide a much better result in achieving a natural appearance.
¿Am I a Good Candidate for a Dental Bridge?
dental bridge information would not be complete without describing the right indication for this kind of procedure.
Most patients with missing teeth qualify for a dental bridge.
If a patient has a gap produced by extracted, missing or fractured teeth, flanked by strong enough natural teeth to support the bridge, is very possible to give him/her a solution by constructing a dental bridge in the latest materials.
In this scenario the patient must have healthy teeth on each side of the gap generated by the missing tooth or teeth.
¿Why should I trust Dental Medellin (Odontología Medellin) for my dental bridge needs?
We have been working for 20 years helping people from many countries in the world on solving their oral health needs.
At our first consultation we will examine your teeth and gums to decide if a dental bridge is the best choice for restoring your smile to optimal function and beauty.
Call Dental Medellin (odontologia Medellin) now at (57) 300-700 8281 to set up your consultation appointment and see all of our tooth replacement options.
Dental Bridge Questions answered here:
Contact us WhatsApp (57 ) 300 700 8281